Forums · Who would you be?

Gettysburgmary

0 +0

Jan 6 '02

You know how the history channel always says who would you be or who would you love? Well If you had to pick someone from the past who would it be. You can pick someone not famous and someone famous.
For me the not famous one would be someone who lived in Gettysburg and had a good life, marriage, and family. As for famous I was thinking of Queen Victoria. She had love, fame, family and she was looked up to. What about you?
Rating: 0

Connie

0 +0

Jan 6 '02

This is interesting.

For someone not famous - I'd pick my Great-grandmothers grandmother (or grandfather) so maybe I'd get a hint of what kind of native american life my ancestors had to live and still raise a son that would marry a white woman.

For someone famous - I'd pick Dolly Madison - seems like she loved to party and may still be having a ball.

nakis

0 +0

Jan 7 '02

This is a good and tough one.

Hmmm, for a not-famous person, I don't know, from all the "memories" I've got them mostly all covered. I really can't think of anyone I would want to be more than anyone else.

But for the famous person, I would like to be Lord Sidhartha Guartyama(SP??).... Buddha. Without a doubt.

Miss Grrl

0 +0

Jan 7 '02

good one! Well....lets see... I am pretty unfamous, right now! And maybe that's agood thing, ya never know.

Famous? Julia Roberts.......what!? You were expecting Cleopatra? :rolleyes:

sundog

0 +0

Jan 7 '02

let's see........for unfamous I guess it would be my great aunt pearl. she had quite a life. married to a texas wildcatter, made and lost 6 fortunes, was very beautiful and had a maid just for buttoning up her high top boots! What a ride her life was and did she ever have some great hats!! Great hats are an essential element as far as I am concerned.

Famous??? I'm gonna cross the gender lines here and choose either wolfgang puck or thomas jefferson. figure that one out cuz I cant!

sundoggie

fairyflwr

0 +0

Jan 8 '02

I had two parelle lives in 1700 that the time I think be intresting . Especially during war of indepetance. Sorry about the spelling. :rolleyes:

KellKell

0 +0

Jan 8 '02

Hmm... this is tough. I think for not famous, my Great Grandmother Augusta Corneilia or a gal from the early 1920's - I have a special affection for that era.

Famous - how about Doc Holliday! Or maybe Anne Bolin.. Oh, wait... never mind. =P

Kell

Luna2

0 +0

Jan 13 '02

This IS tough but fun!

Let's see.................

Famous Person ~ I think Cleopatra would have been fun,LOL! Or maybe Joan of Arc, or even Pochahantas(sp?).

Non-famous person ~ A women from New Orleans, living in one of those BIG MANSIONS, time period would be mid 1800's.

Take care,
Luna

Dinky Dave

0 +0

Jan 18 '02

For someone unfamous I would choose to be one of my pioneer ancestors that went out west and was never heard from again. I wonder what happened to them?
For someone famous I would want to be Earl Flynn (But, just not Gay!)
Or Don Amechee , "Oh God! Just don't tell me he was Gay too!"
Both of these guys were swave, dashing, and terribly handsome Gentlemen, none of which I am.

Gettysburgmary

0 +0

Jan 19 '02

Well Dinky I don't think handsome is all that important. You have to have personality and that you have! The ability to make one laugh is much more fullfilling then someone who looks good and is dummer than dirt. Beauty fades... but personality only gets better. So just keep being you and that is more then enough! Sundog I would like to know more about your aunt she sounds neat!
I am enjoying all your responses. Did anyone else notice that many famous people had tragic lives.
Think about it. Good ole Abe got shot, Cleopatra killed herself. Marilyn died of mysterious circumstances. Elvis died young. Mary Queen of Scotts had a horrid life. Too many Queens lost their heads. That one of the reasons I picked Victoria that and she loved spaniels. ;-) she was definately a dog person.

LadyManaka

0 +0

Jan 20 '02

Not famous would be my great grandmother Sarah Parker.And for famous it would be can't remember his name but he was a famous Dog soldier and he was really cute,I wouldn't mind being his wife.I used to have his picture hanging on the wall.I would also like to live in the era of my Indian ancestors the Lenape and learn more about my GGGGGGgreat grandfather Chief Popomora,there isn't much written about him,just his name on deeds for land in the 1600's.

NMLadyNative

0 +0

May 20 '08

I would stand by my (Now Cousin), my last life Husband, Billy the Kid Bonney. His Wife (now Me) was Brave, Courageous, a Wonderful Mother, a good Woman, Strong and Fearless.
Billy was Handsome, Charming, Sweet, Wonderful Husband, Father and Man, just disliked by those within the "Establishment," who were a bunch of Crooks and Criminals anyway.

[ May 20, 2008, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: NMLadyNative ]

nakis

0 +0

May 29 '08

Good points NMLN.
Many of these "outlaws" were heroes to the common man. When in the days of the robber barons (when are we not in those days) some people fought back. Many were heroes who worked within the establishments (unions, some politicians, social workers, etc.. ) and some through violent means by robbing the wealthy who robbed the poor. The establishment (who owns the newspapers)called them criminals.