Forums · The ancient gods- any good books on them

Visionary

0 +0

Apr 21 '03

I am looking for a good book covering the myths and orgins of the gods of ancient civilizations, ie: Norse, egyptian, etc. Does anybody know of any well rounded books that cover all of the bases?
Rating: 0

KellKell

0 +0

Apr 21 '03

Hi Visionary,

I don't know of a particular book to recommend, but you can find several possibilities at both Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com. Just use their search feature and type in a combination of the desired keywords. i.e. gods, goddesses, Egyptian, Norse, ancient civilization and so on.

Here are some I ran across:

Dictionary of Egyptian Gods and Goddesses[/URL]
Who's Who in Egyptian Mythology[/URL]
Serch results for Norse Gods[/URL]

Good luck finding the books you want!

Kell

Kathleen

0 +0

Apr 21 '03

I agree with Kell, do a search online. I do not think this is a subject that you can find just "one" good book. Good luck!

creefer

0 +0

Apr 28 '03

I have the larousse world mythology by paul hamlyn. it covers the basic bases on what seems to be about the whole world. it's an old and very big book. i bet it's still in print. it's a goody to start with and then go on to what you are really interested in.

sundog

nakis

0 +0

May 1 '03

I was wondering if you could do me a favor Sundog. Could you look in that big book and see if you can find a Goddess or something that has platinum blond hair, is a goddess of animals or of forests, and takes the form of a large white snake with platinum cross hatching on the body and travels underground in what appears to be a different dimension.

I had a particularly vivid dreams with her in it. I am curious to know if there is anything recorded about her. I haven't been able to find anything yet.

nakis

0 +0

Jun 3 '03

Thanks again Kell. Hmm. I wish there were pictures. Or better descriptions.