Forums · The Moche

Wings0nite

0 +0

Aug 21 '03

Hi all!

I am writing a short story based on the Moche. They lived in Peru from 100-700 AD. They were farmers but in their spare time they liked to kill their enemies and drink their blood.

My story is set in modern times. Six university students travel to a place outside Trujillo and transverse the Andes mountains to explore the recently discovered tomb of a Moche ruler.

The problem is the curse. The Alacran Scorpions seem to rule the tomb as they have settled there in large numbers. The curse and the scorpions bring down the group from six to two... Do they survive?

One is elected to be a virgin sacrifice (the female), the other (a male) is chosen to be the provider to a female scorpion who is a shift-changer. He gives her the genes she needs to be the mother to a new colony of scorpions. In gratitude, the shift-changer eats the human male.

Sounds wonderful, huh?

What I need are some links to sites about the Moche and about Alacran scorpios.

Thanks in advance,
Your neighbor and horror writer,

Irene Schaft
Rating: 0

KellKell

0 +0

Aug 22 '03

Ever since I saw something on TV about the Moche society, I've been interested. I think it was about the tomb of one of their ruthless leaders they dug up and found evidence of the slaughters that took place. Anyhow... here are a couple links. Hope this helps! =)

Peru: The Moche Culture[/URL]
Moche Burials Uncovered @ nationalgeographic.com[/URL]
Las Huacas del Sol y de la Luna[/URL]

There are more out there about the Moche, if needed.

As for the Alacran Scorpions - is this the critter or a group of people? The only links I see seem to be about the critters. [Wink]

Alacran Scorpion[/URL]

Good luck on the new book!

Kell