Forums · Dead Man's Curve

booknut98

0 +0

Oct 11 '03

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the Dead Man's Curve Urban Legend? I know it's a song, and I heard that the song may be true. It is a real road somewhere in California, and the woman can be seen in a white dress roaming the side of the road on the 13th curve.
Rating: 0

KellKell

0 +0

Oct 11 '03

Hi Booknut, welcome!

This may help answer your question. =)

Snopes.com: Dead Man's Curve[/URL]

Kell

KDogg

0 +0

Oct 11 '03

Not sure about California's "Dead Man's Curve" but I know we have at least one here in WV - actually just a few miles from where I live.

I know the legend behind our curve is true (or at least I don't think my dad and a few others can come up with eerily similar stories involving different people and/or cars), and many of the tragic wrecks were as a result of racing.

As for the curve itself, it's a 90-degree turn on flat road (no banking) protected only by a guardrail that many have met their Maker by going over or through.

Wonder if there is any paranormal activity in the area...

KDogg

booknut98

0 +0

Oct 16 '03

Yes I am replying to my own message. Call me stupid but here it is:

Ok. I know what i was looking for now. There is a dead man's curve somewhere in California I believe. It's curve number 13. The story i believe has been immortalized in the song Last Kiss by Wayne Cochrane. A couple were driving along this highway and when they got to curve 13 they crashed. There is something in there about it being prom or their wedding night or something because the chick can be seen in a white dress along the side of the highway. something about she's looking for her lost love. she dissappears into the fog. i could be wrong about this too i'm only going on little bits and pieces of what i remember. this may be several ghost stories put together!

hallowseve

0 +0

Oct 17 '03

There is a place here in PA. known as 13 bends,I couldn't get directions to it ,as my friends would not go there with me.
I'm starting to think every town has one of these.
That's all I know,sorry I couldn't be of more help. [Rainbow Smiley]

Willow

0 +0

Oct 19 '03

Just some information on "Dead Man's Curve" this is a song title by late 50's early 60's duo by the name of Jan and Dean. Jan Berry loved to race his sports car and thus the song was recorded. Unfortunately Jan was in a near fatal car accident in Beverly Hills on Whittier not as stated in the song version!
[Rainbow Smiley]
Kell Kell I missed your post, so sorry.

[ October 19, 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Willow ]