Forums · Travel Ch. 360 degree images

hallowseve

0 +0

Nov 1 '03

I don't know if anyone has seen these(breathtaking) I thought it worth a peek.360 degree images(interactive I-Pix) of famous & historic sites...Bourbon St.,the Taj Mahal,Machu Picchu,the Sphinx,the Great Wall of China,the Church of the Holy Sepulchre...ect.Scroll down & click on featured images.

It's like you are standing right there & the image rotates around you.

Below that is a longer drop down list of other locations(pick one 1st).You can move your vantage point up,down,left,& right,& zoom too!It's as close as you'll get to being there & looking at your own leisure without actually going. [Cool]

http://travel.discovery.com/interactives/ipix/ipix.html[/URL]

[ November 09, 2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: hallowseve ]

hallowseve

0 +0

Nov 9 '03

...Anybody been to any of these places? [Cool]
Rating: 0

hallowseve

0 +0

Nov 15 '03

K, I'm just gonna talk to myself now...LOL...Machu Picchu looks like a great place for a picnic lunch...maybe a couple of dark beers....the Sphinx, while fascinating...Well, it just looks hot & dry, too darned hot for the likes of me...I bet if you went into the Church of the Holy Sepulchre it would smell like marble & old thoughts...With some spirit energy floating around you...Beautiful place! Lookin at Bourbon Street makes me want to hear live jazz & we know there are some old spirits there! =P

[ November 15, 2003, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: hallowseve ]

Creeper

0 +0

Nov 19 '03

Next year I hope to go some place cool, out of the USA. This look like a few awesome choices!

Peace

hallowseve

0 +0

Nov 19 '03

OMG, someone besides Kev looked at these! I'm not real techie, so I thought they were cool. Thanx for the reply.

I may not get to see much of foriegn soil...I've gotten to see some of the USA. As far west as Seattle, but not southwest.

Thought it fun to kinda be planted somewhere distant & look around!...Astral Projection would be better.

[ November 19, 2003, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: hallowseve ]