Forums · Ancient Port Found

KellKell

0 +0

Jan 29 '04

Pretty cool! Be sure to look at the pics. =)

Ancient Port Found Below Naples[/URL]

hallowseve

0 +0

Jan 29 '04

That's pretty cool Kell. Archealogists make an enormous contribution to history, & culture. Pretty fascinating stuff! Thanx! [Cool]
Rating: 0

nakis

0 +0

Jan 30 '04

Archeologists are da bomb. (forgive the vernacular =) ) A part of would dearly love to be one of them discovering and exploring ancient sites leading to a better understanding of our collective past. Sigh.
Those pieces in those pictures are awesome.
It's amazing that in only 2000 years that much earth has covered the seaport of Neapolis.

I hope they find a lot before the cover it with the subway.

Thanks for the arcticle Kell. Made my lunch. =)

Fritos56

0 +0

Mar 23 '04

Thanks for the link.My dad was there during WW2.
He was also in North Africa and I remember him talking about flying over the desert and that you could see what had once been a town or city.
I asked him if any archeologists did work at these places and daddy said not that he was aware of.That these would have been had to reach and you had the problem of water and oither things that an expidition would need to not only get there but to survive while working,and it just wasn't practical.He also mentioned rock paintings in the libyian Desert like in the movie the English patient.But i heard about them from my dad who passed away a year or so before the movie came out. Daddy had also been to the famous Shepherd's Hotel in Cairo which was also shown in the movie.