Forums · 21 grams

Linywise

0 +0

May 24 '04

A bit of info I find interesting is the "21 gram" theroy. I have noticed that the electrical phenomena that people experiance is supposedly related to the theroy. For those who dont know, it basicly states that at the exact moment of death, the body looses 21 grams, weather the body is a full grown adult or a child, its always 21 grams. Some speculate its the soul, some say gases yet others say its the electrical current of the human body stoping. Whats thoughts on the theory?
Rating: 0

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

May 24 '04

As a firm believer of the Afterlife and that our bodies are merely vehicles for our souls, our true self, I believe the 21grams is the soul departing. Not sure that the electric currents or force that are bodies create would be exactly the same for a baby as it is for a 240 lb man. However the soul is the same no matter what size body you are in. Just my thoughts.

Cat =)

nakis

0 +0

May 27 '04

How did someone come up with the 21 gram theory?
Did someone put dying people on a scale moments before death to see what they weigh just before and just after?

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

May 28 '04

I believe there have been a few doctors over the years that have done just that Nakis. The first study was done by a Dr M (can't recall his name) back around 1910 or something and more recently by a Swedish doctor and if memory serves me someone in the New York area. Hub and I watched a show on TLC or Discovery once that explored this. Terminally ill patients agreed to be apart of the study and they had the bed on some sort of scale system that measured weight and they found at the time of each death there was a weight variance. I don't recall that it was the exact same every time but realitively close.??

If there is 21 grams lost or there about, for me I prefer to believe it is soul linked rather than something else. Who really knows for sure. It has also been written/reported that a mist or smoke like film has been seen leaving a body at the time of death? Again who knows for sure. I just know there is a soul and it departs.

Cat =)