Forums · Mary worth

bobbygee

0 +0

Sep 17 '04

Does anyone remember that little rhyme about Mary Worth we were afraid to say in front of the mirror? I was talking with some friends the other day and everyone had a different version of Mary Worth. When I was a kid I was told if you sat in front of a mirror with a lit WHITE candle and repeated 3 times, "I do not believe in Mary Worth," she would reveal herself to you in the mirror. Well, some said the rhyme was different, some said no candle was involved, while others were sure her name wasn't Mary Worth. We all ended up with different versions. So we wondered if the story was different in other parts of the U.S. and if the verses had changed over the years, of if anyone even remembered Mary Worth anymore? We were kids in the early 70,s and mainly from the mid-west. Darkstar
Rating: 0

RuFus ShinRa

0 +0

Sep 17 '04

Sounds similar the White/Magnolia lady/women here in England.

bobbygee

0 +0

Sep 19 '04

Wow! Thanks Renee. That seemed to trigger so many memories that I had forgotten. I do remember some of our friends who had moved here from the south say that her name WAS Bloddy Mary, and I also remember them saying that she would scratch your face. Hey, thanks, that answered alot of questions. Peace
Darkstar [Rainbow Smiley]

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Sep 21 '04

The Mary Worth story I heard went something like if you close your bedroom door and seal all openings such as a partially open window or vent and say "I don't believe in Mary Worth" three times you will go to sleep and not wake up.