Forums · Take A Look At This (Laci Peterson)

SavannahSilkie

0 +0

Nov 11 '04

I started a new thread just for this, because I hope everyone who hasn't seen the developments in the Peterson case today will take a look at it. It deserves it's own space. I commented yesterday, on Mark Geragos' (Scott Peterson's attorney) blatant disregard for Laci and Conner, and Laci's family and friends. Geragos purchased a building and parking lot for a million bucks, near the Courthouse. He was mad at the judge for not letting him show a video he made. He had bought a boat, exactly like the one Scott Peterson used to dump Laci into the bay. He then conducted his own experiment to try and prove that the boat would tip over. The judge refused to let him show this video and he got mad. He displayed this boat pubically, along with a "dummy" to represent poor Laci. Well, today... his actions went over like a lead balloon with the people of Modesto, CA. Crowds went to the boat, leaving flowers and "hate" notes to Mark Geragos. This evening a truck pulled up and towed the boat away. People had sent flowers from all over the world to fill the boat and cover the "dummy." If the Bar Association and the Judge in this case do not bring him up on charges, and dis-bar him, I think a petition should be sent around demanding that this be done. What a travesty of justice. [Mad]

Here is a pic of Laci...everyone should remember her and Conner and send prayers and white light to her family. She is Not a dummy in a boat. She was an adorable human being, with a child on the way. I'm sure her spirit lives on and is crying out now for justice.

This Is Laci Peterson:

-
----------
This is Not Laci Peterson: (Dummy in Defense Boat) [Ugh]

-
-----------
Defense Boat Being Filled With Flowers and Notes:

-

I've been watching this case, since it began, and for the first time today, I felt like crying. I felt that way, out of hurt for her family. I cannot imagine someone doing that if my child was the victim. God Bless The Rocha Family.

[ November 11, 2004, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: SavannahSilkie ]
Rating: 0

Carrie

0 +0

Nov 11 '04

Like I said when first reading about this, that is one of the most insensitive, idiotic things I have ever heard of an attourney doing -- and I've heard of quite a few.

Interestingly enough, I heard the judge in the case came out of retirement (by request from whoever is over the judicial dept. in California) to try this case. It was known it would be a lengthy case and a media frenzy and they didn't want to tie up a judge with a hefty case load. While I understand that, it does appear that this fellow has allowed it to get out of hand, case in point being this stunt by Geragos.

How does a slimeball like that sleep at night? How can he stand to look himself in the mirror each morning? I just don't get it -- I guess that is why I'm not a lawyer.

SavannahSilkie

0 +0

Nov 11 '04

If anyone would like to express their sympathy or comment on this to the Rocha family, you can go go here: Laci Peterson website[/URL] and sign the guestbook.

[ November 11, 2004, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: SavannahSilkie ]

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Nov 13 '04

I just now heard that Scott Peterson was found guilty[/URL]

Emerald

0 +0

Nov 20 '04

SavannahSilkie,

Thank you for that website, I just signed her guest book, and read through some of the other guest book comments. She will be so greatly missed by the whole world! I could not imagine loosing my child in that way. I'm afraid I would not have been as composed as the Rocha family. Scott Peterson would never have had his day in court, he'd be at the bottom of the bay!

Emerald

0 +0

Nov 20 '04

ohhh please forgive me for saying that about Scott. The Peterson family is suffering also, and that was'nt fair to them to say such a thing.

Carrie

0 +0

Nov 21 '04

I understand how you feel Emerald. I'm sure Laci's family has thought along those lines a few times also. You are right, I'm sure Scott Peterson's family is devastated, anyone would be. Did anyone else find it strange that Scott's father was not there the day of the verdict? Scott's mother seems so fragile, and I know he has to be heartbroken also; but I can't imagine him not being there for his wife and son. Odd. Almost makes you wonder if there were some family characteristics there.

It was certainly a strange case. I've got a hunch, and I might be wrong, that he will not receive the death penalty. I'm also sure Geragos hasn't pulled his last stunt; I'm sure he's going to appeal.

Emerald

0 +0

Nov 21 '04

Hey carrie, I did notice that his father was'nt there! Certainly does make you wonder if it's like the old saying goes," Like Father, Like Son". I've noticed also that his mother just kind of stands in the shadows of his father, very timidly, and keeps her eyes on the ground most of the time.Hmmm.
I don't know about anyone else, but to me, I could tell right away Scott had to have been the one to kill Laci. It was the way he talked about her, and the tone of his voice, trying to sound sad with an effort to cry a little in it. Fake! He's a terrible liar.

Personally, I think the death penalty would be to good for him. Sure, the fear of dying must be terrifying for the person right before they" pull the lever", but prison life for Scott Peterson is going to be horrible every day for the rest of his life. The news is already talking about how the other prisoners are "looking forward" to his arrival. They hate baby killers.

And, as for Geragos, well I think this case and all the idiotic theories he came up with as their defense, has the whole contry laughing at him. He will never get the reputation as one of the best lawyers in this country back again.
[Pooper] [Pooper]

Carrie

0 +0

Nov 22 '04

I'm thinking they will not give him the death penalty because the head was never found and they could not determine the exact cause of death.

I've got no doubt that he killed her, but without knowing how he did it, from a legal perspective it would be difficult to give him the death penalty.

Emerald, you touched on something that is very true: Prison inmates have their own strange code of ethics. People who harm small children are often regarded as the lowest of the low. It would not surprise me for Scott Peterson to meet his end in prison unless the prison makes special provisions for him, knowing this.

The neighboring town to my home is now home of Texas' Death Row. I've met many of the guards there who have told me that the prisoners have a way of dealing with other inmates they consider to be particularly offensive. Most of the fellows in there do have children on the outside, and like any father, they do not want predators roaming around, so they deal out their own brand of justice, right or wrong.

SavannahSilkie

0 +0

Nov 22 '04

Today is the day... the sentencing phase begins. I'm thinking he may not get the death penalty, since the jury ruled Conner's death as 2nd degree murder. If he is put on death row, he'll be at San Quentin, along with David Westerfield, the pervert, who murdered little Danielle Van Dam. Also keeping him company would be, Richard Ramirez (Night Stalker,) the serial killer who would sneak in at night and rape, sodomize, and usually mutilate his victims. He is known to have murdered 13 people. Even if Peterson gets the death penalty, they say most likely he'll die of natural causes before they get around to lethal injection. I'm almost hoping that he doesn't get the death penalty, and instead is dealt with by fellow prisoners and meets the same fate as Jeffrey Dahmer. [Ugh]

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Mar 29 '05

Getting back to this; just from what I've read it does sound as though Scott Peterson wasn't too happy at the prospect of becoming a parent. This based on what he is suppose to have told some people. He meets Amber Frye with the idea in mind that she's the woman he wants to spend his life with and tells her he does not want any children of his own.

If he was indeed unhappy with his own marriage why didn't he just get a divorce? sure it would have hurt Lacy very bad and her family and maybe even his would have thought less of him, but that certainly would have been a lot better then murdering her. I think Lacy's mom even expressed the same thing.

Did he not want the financial responsibility for his son? Could this be part of the reason he murdered her?

It has been established that Scott had two prior affairs so I don't think it's unreasonable to say that he likely would have cheated on Amber as well and I'm sure she probably realizes this as well.

According to Scott's sister who now has a book out Lacy did know about these early affairs, but wanted that kept secret from her family and his.

[ March 29, 2005, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Ghostdancer ]

Carrie

0 +0

Mar 29 '05

I think it has been pretty well determined that the slimeball didn't want to pay for 18 years of child support, plus alimony. So, instead, he takes the life of a young woman who was looking forward to giving birth to her first child.

I've read an excerpt of his half-sister's book, and it was pretty interesting. I didn't realize it while the trial was going on, but this half-sister only met the family just a few years ago. His mother, Jacki Peterson had this child out of wedlock back in the early 60's when that was a real taboo and gave her up for adoption. The woman commented on how eerily similar her appearance, likes and dislikes were to Scott's and how she immediately seemed to bond with him. Her husband, on the other hand, saw through Scott. Scott Peterson tried to stay with them during the investigation's media frenzy, but her husband (wisely) intervened and had him move on.

It also gave an account of Scott Peterson hitting on the late teen/early 20's baby sitter of the half-sister's children before Laci's murder. Jacki Peterson made the comment to the sitter that she wished her son could find someone like her. Just makes you shudder, doesn't it?! Kinda looks like a disregard for right and wrong might have run in the family.

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Mar 29 '05

quote:

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Mar 29 '05

quote: