Forums · Peterson Gets Death

SavannahSilkie

0 +0

Dec 13 '04

Well, the verdict is in, Scott Peterson gets the death penalty. I'm not going to go into whether it's right or wrong. He will be in good company at San Quentin. They say he was stoic when the verdict was read. His lawyer is all ready talking appeals. Most likely Scott P. will die in prison of old age. They're saying there are over 600 people in line for execution before Scott P. I felt so bad for Laci's mom, when she gave her statement in the penalty phase. She said Laci was buried with her baby, but has no arms to hold him. I think her statement probably was what put the nail in Scotty's coffin. He will be housed about 300 yards from where they were searching in the bay for Laci's body. Since he is a sociopath and has no remorse, it probably won't bother him. I'm glad justice was done, as I said before...she disappeared on Christmas Eve and was found on Good Friday...so perhaps a higher power had His hand in this justice. God Bless Laci's family, now that all of this is over with, the grief has really just begun.
Rating: 0

cindy!spiritkeep

0 +0

Dec 15 '04

I couldnt bring myself to watch much of this story on the news or even read about it but did catch bits and pieces of the story from time to time.

I have very strong feelings about these types of crimes which I will not air on our board. Let me say that Pate, your words are much kinder than mine would've been. Soooo, I'll just ditto your comment that justice was served!! =)

Emerald

0 +0

Dec 27 '04

While I was sitting in the dentist office waiting for my daughter today, I read the statement Laci's Mom gave. I had a hard time keeping a dry eye, and several times I had to stop reading it to prevent the tears from flowing over. The hurt and pain in that statement was so powerful.

My thoughts were with them on Christmas Eve. I can only imagine what a lonesome time that was and will always be for them now on. My hearts goes out to them and everyone else that has experienced a loss like that.