Forums · Robert Blake Verdict in!

KellKell

0 +0

Mar 16 '05

Breaking News!

A jury found 71-y/o Robert Blake not guilty of murdering Bonny Lee Bakley; they also acquitted him of one count of solicitation of murder, but were unable to reach a verdict on the second count of solicitation.

Read more: Actor Robert Blake acquitted of his wife's murder[/URL]

Kell

Carrie

0 +0

Mar 16 '05

You know, I'm a little ashamed to admit this, because I do suspect he had a hand in her death; but, I'm kinda glad he was not convicted.

One reason is his age. He doesn't have that many years left, and why imprison an elderly person. He does have a small child, who will more than likely finish being raised by her considerably older siblings. However, he seemed to dote on that little girl and I can't stand to see any child deprived of as much love as they can possibly have.

I've also read accounts of his early life as a child star and the rotten environment he came out of and struggled to overcome. I can't help it, I root for the underdog.

By all accounts, Bakely was a pretty rotten apple. It is tragic that she is dead, and that was no reason for her to lose her life, but from what I've read, she had plenty of people who would have wanted her dead; not just her husband. When you lead the kind of life Bonnie Lee Bakely did, an early death is a probable outcome. It is sad she left a small child behind; but, once again, based on what I've read, the little one just may be better off without that influence in her life.

I don't know if justice was served... I think there is a pretty good chance Robert Blake knows more about his wife's death than he has told. With the publicity he received and for the most part being convicted by the press long before the trial, I doubt he has many supporters left. I imagine he has suffered quite a bit already. My hope, is that this was the right thing for the little girl that was the product of that unhappy union.
Rating: 0

robbert

0 +0

Mar 16 '05

Bravo Carrie! Ditto about everything you said. I liked Robert Blake as an actor, I don't know him or his personal life as a human being, so I have to rely on news sources. I just hope he can recover for the sake of Rosie, his little girl, and give her a full filling life.

nakis

0 +0

Mar 24 '05

I've only caught the slightest bit of this. But the impression I get is that though he is not innocent he is also not guilty of murder either. I also get the feeling that the girl and Blake need each other. I hope they get past all this soon.

PorkChopExpress

0 +0

Mar 24 '05

I just don't know about this one. My "gut" screams guilty every time I see Blake. However, I completely agree with Carrie. Bakely's lifestyle was terrible (a gold-digger), and I'm quite sure she had multiple enemies. Heck, one of her former conquests was Christian Brando. A very ironic connection.

I just keep getting this image of Blake and OJ playing golf together!!