Forums · A Gruesome Crime in a Small Community

I live in a small community in the Florida Panhandle and a gruesome murder that happened last week has shaken this entire small town to pieces.

A 19 year old mother and her three childeren a 3 year old , and 2 year old and a 3 week old were murdered sometime in the whee hours of 1am-5am in their apartment complex...The mother was shot 8 times in the head while the 3 year old was suffocated with duct tape then used as the weapon to kill the two year old and the three week old was also bound with duct tape and drowned in the bathtub...their bodies were discovered the next day by the the sister when the girl did not show up for work...The main suspect is the father of the children who has not been able to be located since the night of the murders.

The funeral for those lost was held this weekend past and over 800 people for the community atteneded. I was there...I didn't know them personally but living in this small community we all stick together...my question is how can someone commit such a horrible crime? It just broke my heart to know that something like that happened only 5 miles from my home and the killer is still walking the streets...what kind of ppl do we have in this world?
Rating: 0

Carrie

0 +0

Mar 29 '05

That is just awful. The only theory I have is that there are people out there who are without a conscience or a soul and allow evil to consume them. A lot of people cry "insanity" in the courts when things like this happen, but I think that is way overused.

I've never understood how anyone could kill a helpless, innocent little child -- there are too many of us in the world who would gladly take them, love them and raise them as our own. When I hear of things like this, I sometimes blame the child welfare/protective system. I can't help but wonder if they pushed some of these creeps to sign away their parental rights and get the kids out of those environments like that and streamlined the domestic adoption process to eliminate a lot of the governmental gobbledygook; if at least in some cases a child's life could be saved. Even if it was just one child, it would be worth it. However, the pencil pushers that work for CPS have the philosophy that it is better for children to stay with their biological parents -- doesn't matter that they may be an axe murderer. Such a tragedy. =(

PorkChopExpress

0 +0

Mar 30 '05

I read about this on the CNN website. It is absolutely awful. I do not blame you for being scared. Please make sure you stay aware of your surroundings until they catch this sicko. None of us could ever understand people like that. I have read several books on crime and murder, and they all stated that people like this are literally born without morals. That is a strange way to put it, but most of them know that what they are doing is wrong. They just don't care. The enviroment they were raised in usually has something to do with it as well. Hopefully this sicko will be "removed" from society very quickly. Once again, please be vigilant until he/she is caught.

Trinity

0 +0

Mar 30 '05

Omg! That's aweful!!! I hadn't heard about this until reading your post just now SS. I can't even imagine what must be going through someone's mind to commit such a heinous act.

Carrie, I so agree with you. I have a client who up until she became pregnant (after yrs of trying) was looking in to adoption. She said that the one thing she kept thinking as she was on her way home with her newborn was....that's it? I just get to take her home? As with adoption there is a lenghty process to look into backgrounds, work situations, home life and what not. She just couldn't believe that she just got to have this baby....no questions asked. I definitely agree that the philosophy should be changed as far as situations like this are concerned.

SS, I agree with Porkchop, I dont blame you for being upset. That really hits close to home. I also agree that you should be careful until this creep is caught!!! Which will hopefully be sooner then later!

Keeping my fingers crossed that they get him/her. My heart also goes out to this poor girls family for their loss.

nakis

0 +0

Mar 31 '05

It's insanity.
Whether it's a sociopathic monster or governmental demons with a sick world philosophy. The innocents suffer.
I hope they get this guy before he can do anything else.

P.S. I don't mean insanity like they can cop a plea. I just mean insane in the respect that engaging in destructive behavior is mentally unwell. Not an excuse.

LadyManaka

0 +0

Apr 4 '05

I read about that it was awful,I live in Central Florida and Florida has it's share of nasty crimes.There was another gruesome murder up in Bay County,a guy decapitated his pregnant wife and then disemboweled her.And then the little girl in New Smyrna beach that found her parents shot to death in their beds.And then all the attempted abductions and succesful ones here are very scary,I am so nervous about sending my daughter to school next year.

I read about that in Bay county that is only about 30 minutes from me...that was so disturbing to know someone could do that to another person...the poor girl was only 18 years old...how could someone even think of things like that!

wacava

0 +0

Apr 13 '05

It is a horrible act and I do hope they catch whoever did it soon. To murder a little one like that is no less than evil.

I posted this some time ago back in March of 2005 (read story above) but I thought I would post and say that they finally after all this time found a suspect in the murders...He is in the county jail waiting trial and if he is fiund guilty he will be facing life in prison. In my opinion I think honestly he deserves it...I know that is mean but how in the world could you kill someone let alone an innocent child!

I know this was posted some time ago...but I don't know if anyone saw it on CNN a few weeks back...but we had another one here in this small town...this time it was on the county sheriff....his wife and a fellow deputy were killed and so were the suspects who did it when they were in a major shoot out with the police...this is terrible...what is the world coming to!?

Gremlin

0 +0

Feb 12 '07

That is a very sick and horrible crime §trawberrie§hortkake21.here .I hope who ever did such a evil and horrible crime is caught and at least thrown in prison the rest of their evil lives.I am sending out prayers for the mother and children of this very sad and awful murders.Also that the police caught who ever did it.I am glad to read the community came to show their last respects and support for them etc.

[ February 12, 2007, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Gremlin ]

azspirit

0 +0

Mar 7 '07

How terrible it is that people seem to insist on doing these gruesome things to other people, and often, they don't even know their victims. Sad, and a real heart rending event for anyone who is touched by it, even if just by living near the crime scene. I guess no one knows who will be next.

I wish this world would stop the hatred prople seem to have for others. They are just plain wicked.