Forums · Haunted Abandon Summer Camp • Page 2

MesaKid

0 +0

Dec 1 '12

@AZDeb, Kamp Kenyon was built in the early 70's by members of the Mesa South Stake of the LDS Church. It server for many years as a church camp. I was there many summers beginning in 1973. I, along with many other teenage boy scouts were assigned the task of de-barking the logs that were used to build the cabins as well as the lodge where your pictures were taken. The doorway in the photos leads to the kitchen and the staff quarters. At the opposite end of the lodge is a huge rock fireplace made from rocks that were obtained right there in the area of the camp. While it makes for an interesting story, no one ever killed themselves there.
Rating: 0

reclaimedrustalgic

0 +0

Feb 23 '15

Born and Raised in Prescott......I too stumbled across this place ( Kamp Kenyon) about 15 years ago! Friends and I spent a lot of time there exploring while recording hours of audio/images. From the research and investigating-very few signs of this place ever actually existing as far as maps or records go. Growing up literally a half hour from this camp I never heard about it once-researching old records and indexes-there were no articles in relation to "kamp Kenyon" nor were there any phone numbers in old phone books--I did, However, Find ONE old forest service map with Kamp Kenyon listed on it! The undersides of the old bunks in the cabins were carved with names and years in which these campers stayed. I found old camp signs in the attic stating the name of the camp: KAMP KENYON. Whether or not anything had happened there I did develop numerous rolls of film in which a face(mans) appeared in 3 DIFFERENT photos. a 4th photo DID show a figure which appears to be hanging from the ceiling from what looks like a lightning bolt type line around the neck and moving upwards. Sadly....I do not have those photos as it has been quite some time and numerous moves! but.....I do still have ALL of the recorded audio from kamp Kenyon with quite a few EVPs of a girl-that was not very happy about our being there! There was def something very wrong there! We all clearly felt it immediately the many times of investigating! Last....About 2 years ago-I decided to head out there to see if any changes had been made...It was under reconstruction remodeling and being reformed into another summer camp! I believe the new name was "Kozy Kamp" again using a "K" for camp.
Rating: 0

<< Previous Page