Forums · Quetzalcoatl

WokscapeWisdom

0 +0

Mar 23 '06

Before I begin the subject matter, I want to compliment the graphic designer of this forum. I love the earth tones and the pictures. It is professional quality.

I also want to add that I was delighted when I received the email today that I've been approved to be a member of "Spirit Keep"

My username "Wokscape is the Sioux word for Wisdom. I'm a seeker of wisdom so it defines a part of me.

On to the subject...

I've read about Quetzalcoatl. Indian tribes in both south and north America refer in their folklore to a bearded white god who visited them years before white man arrived. The Navajo tribe tells of a healer who spoke to them. There are many stories of a bearded pale man wearing a white robe, healing and teaching brotherly love.

1. In the history of the Yucatan, their version of the "pale god" was called Kabul, interpreted is "the skilled hand" because he cured the sick by placing his hands on them.

2. The Aztecs call him Quetzalcoatl. According to their histories he was the great priest of the city, Tula, which translated is "Bountiful". They say of him that he has a large body, wide forehead, large eyes, long black hair and round beard. He is honest, very moderate in things and chaste. Instead of sacrifices of men or animals, he wanted bread and flowers. He forbade wars and robberies.

In Tula there was a massive battle between those that didn't believe the pale god and those that did believe the pale god. There were some believers that escaped being exterminated. There are some 2000 of the Tula tribe {descendents of the survivors} somewhere in the "Dairyanne Penninsula, {unsure of spelling}"

3. The Mayan call him "Kulkulcan" and he is depicted in Mayan friezes with a pale, long face and black beard.

4. The Incas call him "Viracocha". They have anciant stone carvings and monuments of a god who was the creator of heaven and earth, who came from the sky. He is enlightened and brings knowledge. He is kind, peacefull, loving, honest and pure.

5. The Aymara Indians say that the creator god rose from Lake Titicaca and brought light during a time of darkness.

I've been fascinated with Peru. I love llamas. I was interested in Lake Titicaca because I read that there are today, Indians of the "Uru" tribe that live on floating reeds on the lake. The "Uru"
rarely set foot on land. When tourists visit the lake the "Uru" women try to sell little pots and woven hats. I'm also interested in the "Nazca Lines", enormous, geometric designs drawn in the desert. These designs are only visible from the air. Some are: a hummingbird, a monkey and a figure that looks like an astronaut. It is mysterious how they were made.

6. Another name for him is "Pachie Kamaut", translated "He who walks on water".

I was reading a book, an historical record that tells of an anciant civilization in the Americas. A portion of the historical account describes a similar person who came from the air to visit a tribe of Indians. He loved them. He blessed their children and healed the sick amongst them. He shared knowledge with them. It gives details of the wisdom he shared.

I was wondering what you may know about Quetzalcoatl or the pale healer and teacher.
Rating: 0

azspirit

0 +0

Mar 25 '06

Hi WokscapeWisdom,
You have hit on an interesting subject. You have covered it well. I have lived in the Southwest most of my life, and many of the things you have mentioned are things I have heard or read before about Quetzalcoatl.

This "pale god" or "pale healer" has been witnessed by many civilizations in such diverse areas, it makes one wonder what his exact source was. He was a wise prophet indeed, and it is a mystery that will be with us for a long time. I have heard some say that he was actually Jesus Christ, and although there are similarities, I am not certain that he isn't simply another of many prophets who have come to cultures around the world to share wisdom and heal people.

If you find more information about Quetzalcoatl, I would love it if you would post what you have learned. =)

BTW, thank you for the compliments about our site and it's decor. My daughter, Kell, designed this section, and I think it is very well done. She and I both do a great deal of digital artwork for the sites, etc, and it is always nice to know that someone appreciates it! Glad you liked it! =)

Mare / azspirit
Rating: 0