Forums · EVP Little Gracie Watson

SavannahSilkie

0 +0

Apr 13 '06

Wow, it has been awhile since I did much of anything, besides visit docs and hospitals. At any rate, I have a walking stick, and decided to venture forth, looking not unlike Moses, and went to Bonaventure Cemetery recently. I took quite a few pics there and I had my digital recorder with me. There is a gravesite for Gracie Watson, born 1883 and died 1889 of pneumonia. She was the daughter of the Pulaski Hotels owner and was a popular and beloved child in Savannah. Gracie's grave is a favorite spot for all visitors to the cemetery, and they recently fenced it in, due to people rubbing her statue for good luck. Now, people leave pennies on the fence surrounding her grave instead. I did a recording there, and when I got home, to my surprise, I had an evp. I am thrilled, because she answered me when I asked, how old she was. Click on the link to hear the EVP. Make sure you have .wav checked on whatever player you use, the player should open when you click the link. You will hear me say, "How old are you, Gracie?" There will be a pause, then a whispered response, "Sssiixxx." Also, here are a couple of pics of her grave, the statue is an exact recreation of Gracie.

GRACIE EVP[/URL]

GRACIE GRAVESITE
 -

-

PENNIES FOR GRACIE
 -

[ April 13, 2006, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: SavannahSilkie ]

lizziegirl

0 +0

Apr 14 '06

OOOO....That was a good one, Pate!! It gave me goose bumps! (Glad to hear you're up and about again, by the way...) My son, Sam, thought it was a good one too!
Rating: 0

Carrie

0 +0

Apr 16 '06

That is just too cool, Pate. Her little face reminds me of my little one, what a beautiful child she was. I got goosebumps from that one as well.

I'm determined to work on getting EVPs, you've inspired me. I might have to drag hubby out to one of the local cemeteries this evening.

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Apr 17 '06

Nice photos Pate and great evp. =) I hope it if it was her she was just visiting at the time, would hate to think that sweet child is still earthbound. =( Beautiful statue of a beautiful little girl. That's interesting that folks leave pennies there now since the area was fenced in.

I'm so glad you had a chance to get out again and do a little hunting. Hope you have many more days like that soon. Thanks for sharing this with us. =)

SavannahSilkie

0 +0

Apr 17 '06

Yeppers, Cat... I was wondering too, if it was her spirit or perhaps another one, answering me. With it being a whispered type response, it's hard to say if it was male/female or child/adult. At any rate, it was cool to get the evp, even it was simply another spirit replying. Bonaventure is known for its spirits "hanging around" for eternity. They say if you are in there at night, you can here the tinkling of glasses, music and laughter from what is known as "The Eternal Dinner Party." That in itself is a very interesting story. More details here if you want to read about it: The Eternal Dinner Party[/URL] Also, I wrote a poem about it here: The Eternal Dinner Party Poem[/URL]

I will put together a small album of some of the pics I took there, it is so beautiful, which may be the reason some its spirits either stay or visit often.

mainecheryle

0 +0

Jul 16 '06

I was out on the net and came across your site. Then I was looking through this board and I was so glad I saw this post. My Aunt & Uncle live in Savannah and I was there several years ago. I had read the story of Gracie and we went to see this grave too. I took photos but didn't catch anything but I do remember feeling like she was sitting right there watching us the whole time. I am trying to go back to Savannah in September if I do I will also try to bring a recorder to see what happens.

azspirit

0 +0

Jul 16 '06

Pate, this is just an exceptional thread, both the pics and the EVP. I am having full-body goosebumps that come in waves as I type this! Powerful!!! The pics are just terrific, and the EVP really makes you wonder if the child answered this herself. Something in my gut says it was her, and that she is earthbound.

I feel that Gracie just never felt right about moving on into the light... but I'm not sure if it is because she feels something about her unfinished childhood is holding her back (like something she didn't get to do?), or if she is searching for someone else who did actually move on to the other side long ago... like her mother, or perhaps another family member... and Gracie isn't aware that she won't find them here on this side? It's is a great story, and if anyone visits her again, please leave a penny for her from all of us at SpiritKeep. =)

mainecheryle, how cool that you have actually visited this grave before! It must be wonderful for you to see these pics and hear the EVP that Pate has shared here. Good luck to you with the EVP's when you visit again!

Mare