Forums · Hitler's Living Relatives

betrumka

0 +0

May 28 '06

There is a post further down about Hitler's possible Jewish relatives. Part of that caught my attention and I started looking into a rumor I had heard about some time ago.

After some online investigating I have come up with some extra information about Hitler's great nephews living on Long Island.
These are the sons of William Patrick Hitler. As you may know William Patrick left Germany, came to America, fought for the USA against Germany in WW II, then settled down on Long Island, got married to a German woman named Phyllis.

They had four sons: Alexander, Howard (now deceased), Louis and Brian. Alexander is retired from the Northport VA Medical Center as a social worker. According to a former colleague he retired about two years ago. He lives in Northport, Long Island NY in his own home.

Louis and Brian own a landscaping business in East Patchogue Long Island NY and they live with their mother Phyllis in a small, log cabin style home in East Patchogue.

The big mystery to unravel was not much of what I have written above but this: After WWII William Patrick Hitler realized he needed to change the family name. Hitler, as common as it was in all of its many forms, was not the best last name to have in the USA. He changed the family name to Stuart-Houston.

The name is a hybrid of a very influential race theorist and writer named Houston Stewart Chamberlain. http://www.hschamberlain.net[/URL] HS Chamberlain was an influence on Adolf Hitler. They did actually meet once in Bayreuth, Germany. HS Chamberlain married the daughter of Richard and Cosima Wagner, Eva. See the link for more info on Chamberlain.

One article I came across said that the writings of Chamberlain were some of William Patrick Hitler's favorites. This doesn't seem to make sense when you find out how anti-Nazi and anti-Hitler William actually was before and during WWII.

Then there is the question about the son Alexander. Many have speculated about his middle name. His middle initial is definitely "A" and people have wondered does it stand for Adolf? My research says that it probably stands for Alois, which was Hitler's fathers name and it was also William Patrick's father's name. See this family tree
http://schikelgruber.net/tmp/hitlertree.jpg[/URL]

By some accounts there was a pact between the brothers that they would not marry, nor have children. In rare and usually very brief interviews one or more of the brothers have disputed that claim saying that they were never a part of such a pact. Nonetheless, it appears that none of the living 3 brothers have any children and they are now between the ages of 41 and 56.

Recently when reporters have approached the brothers about their infamous relative they have been talking even less. They say they are working on a book, that they have a publisher and an agent. The book, according to them, will answer all of the questions revolving around the names controversies (Stuart-Houston, Alois, Adolf). There will also be an explanation about a long held belief that William Patrick Hitler blackmailed Adolf about his alleged Jewish heritage. Another question: Was Hitler ever in Liverpool, England between 1912 and 1913 dodging the draft of the Austrian Army? During that time was he living with William Patrtick, Alois Jr. and Bridget Hitler in Liverpool?

William Patrick died in 1987 and he is buried beside his beloved sister Bridget in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, Coram, NY (Long Island) Section 10, Range BB Plot 215.

cat!spiritkeep

0 +0

Jun 3 '06

Hi Betrumka,

Welcome to the forums. =) Interesting read, many questions isn't there. The Hitler rein is such a horrific part of history, yet an important one as no one should ever forgot the horrors that happened, the victims of the Holocaust and their families, nor the many that gave their lives in the war. [Cry]

Perhaps the alleged book that brothers are writing will provide some answers and put to rest some speculations or affirm them? I say alleged as until the book is in print and/or a publisher announces it's intended release date etc, no way to know for certain if the book will be completed and/or published. I suppose they will need to provide some documentation or form of evidence for some of what they intend to tell, as going just by their word alone still leaves room for more speculations. I'm guessing there will be some who believe what they say and others who will refute it, in particular if their research has noted something different. Although why William Patrick opted to change the name to what he did may only be based on word alone.
Rating: 0

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Jun 7 '06

There was an episode on The History Channel about these Hitler relatives which was quite interesting.

cyqe

0 +0

Jun 21 '06

Betrumka, you have really done your homework! I would like to read any book that the brothers are in the process of writing
I myself have a brother who is a psychotic racist, he is cruel and extremely violent. He will steal anything that is not nailed down and he lives in filth ,like an animal. He will only attack those who are weaker than himself, women, children and old or crippled men which makes him a coward also.
I would hate to think that I would be judged or haunted by others because of things that he has done or will do.
I feel kinda sorry for these guys, but at the same time I would love to hear what insights they had on Hitler.