Forums · Elizabeth Short aka The Black Dahlia

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Sep 14 '06

Has anyone read any of the books dealing with the Black Dahlia? The movie is now being shown and I want to see it though I'll wait until it's out on video.

Maybe it's just me, but from viewing the photos of Elizabeth Short I don't think she was really that pretty; she's suppose to had a mouthful of rotting teeth which I think she used wax or something to cover up?

There are certainly a lot of rumors about her and we will never know the truth.
Rating: 0

KellKell

0 +0

Sep 14 '06

I've not read any books about the Black Dahlia, but I have seen quite a few crime shows on it. Baffling crime! I'm looking forward to the movie also, but like you, will probably wait til it comes out on video.

Kell

I too have not actually read any books...but just like Kell...I have seen several shows about it....

I am anxious to see the movie as well!

Katt

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Sep 14 '06

The only book I've read with material on the Black Dahlia is The Crimes That Haunt Us which has a section about the case. There's also a good chapter on Jonbenet Ramsey.

There's a pretty good feature on the black dahlia on CrimeLibrary.com[/URL].

Pandora2

0 +0

Sep 15 '06

The movie looks good. I know nothing of the case.

Trinity

0 +0

Sep 15 '06

I definitely would like to see the movie, but not sure about seeing it in the theatres. I may wait for video myself. I haven't read any books about the case, but have looked at quite a few web-sites on the subject. It's just bizarre that they've never been able to figure who did it.

Although, I remember seeing a tv show awhile back, and I can't remember what it was. But there was a man featured on the show that claims that his late Father was the Black Dahlia muderer. Apparently he found a diary of journal that led him to believe this. I don't remember the specifics but it was interesting none the less.

Trinity

0 +0

Sep 18 '06

That's interesting Ghostdancer. I didn't know that there where ghost stories associated with The Black Dahlia. It does make sense though, and certainly makes you wonder.

Thanks for posting! =)

Ghostdancer

0 +0

Sep 18 '06

I was watching a video series on hauntings that I found at the local library some months back which had a feature on the black dahlia ghost.

I don't know how close the Biltmore is to the murder site, but I believe she had gone there to meet her sister according to the man who gave her a ride who was initially one of the suspects.

Ghostdancer

0 +0

May 1 '07

I just finished reading the Black Dahlia Files by Donald H. Wolfe. Pretty good book though I don't necessarily believe all of it. The author believes that Elizabeth Short was murdered by none other then Bugsy Siegel who was running many of the vice rackets in LA at the time. Supposedly Elizabeth Short became pregnant by a very prominent person in the community and she was killed so this would not be revealed. This person is one of those who had connections to the LA Police and underworld.

I'm certainly not an expert on the mob, but from what I understand about the mob it doesn't really sound like a mob killing - dumping the body right next to the sidewalk in a vacant lot for everyone to see which apparently was what the killer wanted. My understanding is that in most instances of a mob murder the body is normally disposed of so as to never be found or not for a very long time if so. Now, Siegel's rival was a Mafia boss known as Jack Dragna who lived just a few blocks away from where the body was deposited and it's suggested that it was placed there to mock or try to intimidate or warn him, but in this case wouldn't it have been more likely for the body to have been placed in front of his house rather then a few blocks away? But then as I say, I'm not a mob expert.