Forums · Hatshepsut Found!

KellKell

0 +0

Jun 29 '07

Hatshepsut: Secrets of Egypt's Lost Queen
Sun., July 15, 9 p.m. ET/PT on The Discovery Channel

It's a breathtaking discovery. A 3,000-year-old mummy, identified as Hatshepsut, Egypt's greatest female Pharaoh.
 - [/URL]

See much more information here![/URL]

Kell

nakis

0 +0

Jul 5 '07

Wow, and I didn't even know she was lost! =)

Very cool. The last I knew they were still checking out the mummy with the suspicion of who it was.
I find ancient Egypt fascinating. Such an amazing civilization that lasted for so many centuries. The many dynasties. The risings and sinkings of the cultures. The Egyptians were really an amazing collective of peoples.
Rating: 0

_grimreaper@imx.bz

0 +0

Jul 5 '07

I find it interesting,how women have been shrouded in the mist, of time. better known as this veil of tears. it's about time there given there right full place in history.

nakis

0 +0

Jul 9 '07

I was just watching the History Channel this weekend and they believe they found Nephertiti. And possibly the parents of Tutankhamun.

Oo-ick. Having to spell their names made me realize I don't know how to spell their names and just how uneducated I am. PTHTHTHTHT. I had to look them up.

Yeah, Grim, most societies are patriarchal and many have down played women's roles in their history.

ghostwatch

0 +0

Aug 17 '07

I've always been very interested in everthing about Egypt. It's a very mystical place and would love to visit. There's nothing better than finding the remains of an early people, something surreal about looking at a skeleton with the knowledge of them once being alive.