Forums · Do you think he knew....

Junie

0 +0

Aug 23 '07

I couple weeks before my dad died he started doing strange things. He went through all of his belongings and gave away things he didn't need. He told my mom she should do the same. Then on the day he died he asked her if she wanted to go grocery shopping but my mom said there is no rush the frige is full. That evening in the house he asked my mom if she wanted him to take down the pictures in the livingroom. Then he said he was going out to work on his car but before he left he told my mom she can go live with me or my brother. My mom said why would she move. When he went out side he was working on the car with the neighbour and then he had a massive heart attack and passed away. He was 83. My mom keeps asking me if my dad knew his end was near. Does anyone think this is possible? Do some people know?
Rating: 0

_grimreaper@imx.bz

0 +0

Aug 23 '07

junie I'am sorry about the loss of your father. yes some people are aware of there need to prepare. it lesson's the burden for those who are left behind.

Carrie

0 +0

Aug 23 '07

Hi Junie, I agree with GrimReaper. I think sometimes people do know that their time is near. My father used to tell the story of his little Choctaw grandmother. About a week before she died, she gave away most of her belongings, wrapped herself in a blanket her mother had woven, stayed mostly in her bedroom and passed quietly. I think some people, especially those who have lived a long while and are in tune with their bodies are able to sense when it is their time.

nakis

0 +0

Aug 24 '07

I agree with Grimmy and Carrie.

I think we all have the ability to know when we are about to pass on. If it is due to our body failing. I believe he knew. Many people know. It's a beautiful thing when we're prepared. We're all going to pass on sometime. To feel it coming and prepare for it is a blessing.

Of everything in life I fear, it's passing on in fear. I hope to pass on like your father. I don't care what age, just prepared and not afraid.

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your doing well with it.

ghostwatch

0 +0

Aug 26 '07

I believe we all know when our time is coming, just some of us block that knowledge out. Getting our house in order is the term that is used to describe our actions at that time. Little do those people understand that, that is exactly what we are doing and are trying to take care of our loved ones and prepping them for the upcoming trauma. I've seen this first hand when my grandmother was insistant on giving me an item of hers one summer; lest did I know that, that was her goodbye gift to me. She went home just 3 months following, I will never part with that item. I'm sorry to hear about your dad and my prayers are with you....

Junie

0 +0

Aug 27 '07

Thank you for all your wonderfull thoughts about this. It has been about three years since he passed. I know he is in a much better place but I feel sad sometimes.