Forums · strange dream- coincidence, or psychic connection?

lara68

0 +0

Sep 2 '07

Hello, all. I just joined this board. Recently I had a very strange thing happen. 17 years ago I spent three weeks at a dance festival in New England. It was an incredible, life-changing experience, largely due to the amazing yoga teacher there. All of the students at the festival experienced a deep, spiritual, connection with each other. Being there was like having a three week psychedelic trip except there were no drugs involved. There was one person in particular who I felt I had a special connection with. We kept in touch for a while after the festival was over, but then we fell out of touch. Two nights ago, I had a dream in which I was lying in the grass with someone. We were holding each other and laughing. I felt very happy. Then I suddenly remembered that I am married and I became very sad. The dream ended with him hugging me. When I woke up, I realized who it was in the dream. I haven't thought about this person during waking hours in a long time. I decided to do a google search to see if I could find out what he was up to these days.

Well, I found him. He is living in San Francisco, where I also live. His resume is posted online at the school where he is working, and according to this resume, he just started this job. His previous job was in Arkansas. So he *just* moved here and then I have this dream.

His email address is at the bottom of the resume, but I'm afraid to look him up because I feel it could lead to trouble. So I'm trying to let it go for now but I can't quit thinking about this dream. Maybe we have such a strong connection that I could feel his presence coming closer. Maybe we were together in a past life or something.

I gotta go because my dh is getting out of the shower! Thanks for reading.
Rating: 0

nakis

0 +0

Sep 5 '07

First off, if you don't mind, what was the name of the dance festival and who was the facilitor?

I know someone like that but normally he has one week dance retreats on the Holy Mountain as he calls it. He goes to many others as well.
Just hoping. It would be incredible if it was the same guy. He's a yoga instructer who has an organic herbal and flower farm in Mass. Touchstone Farm.

Personally, I think he was thinking of you. It sounds like you two share a deep soul connection. A very beautiful thing. We often connect with the energy people send us when our conscious mind is the least active. Usually before or during sleep.

Think about it well before you contact him. Lots of things could happen. Just prepare yourself in case something dramatic happens.
What's trouble? Are you afraid of cheating on your husband with him? Do you feel that having a deep emotional/spiritual bond with a man that is not your husband a betrayal of your husband? What does your husband consider a betrayal?

I'm not trying to say what's right or wrong or what you should do. I'm just hoping to convey that you carefully consider the consequences if you contact someone who's had such a bond with you that after these years that can still connect with you. It sounds really beautiful but it potentially can really upset your life. And maybe that's a good thing.
And maybe all the worry would be for nothing as your contact of your current selves may not produce nothing but fond memories and cordial conversation. Who knows. Just be prepared. =)

And let me know who did the dance festival. =)

ghostwatch

0 +0

Sep 5 '07

I'm just gonna throw this out there, if you believe it or not, that's your call. I believe your subconcious mind was still thinking about him and you astral projected to where he is. Those feelings you felt were real, that's why you cried and why it's so vivid to you. Nothing to feel guilty about tho, you two probably knew each other in another life. Usually when your drawn to someone so strongly as you were to him, then your souls were somehow connected before.
Enjoy your time together if it happens again, your not cheating. Your just renewing a blessed friendship.

lara68

0 +0

Sep 5 '07

Thank you both so much for your replies. First off, to clarify, the yoga teacher and the person I dreamed about are two different people. It was the White Mountain Summer Dance Festival, it used to be held in New Hampshire, I believe they have it somewhere else now. The yoga teacher was named Ketul. The first time I heard him speak I felt his voice was coming directly from God. His classes were very different from anything else I've experienced. Lots of breathing and meditation, and very little emphasis on poses. My friend (but I didn't know him yet, he was just the person next to me when it was time to choose a partner) was my partner in the very first yoga class. We were instructed to sit opposite each other and look into each other's eyes. Then each person would have one minute to speak, uncensored, while the other person listened without comment. When I looked into his eyes, I saw his pupils widening, and then it was like they grew bigger and bigger and then I was falling into them. When it was my turn to speak, I copped out. We were supposed to say whatever we were thinking without fear of being judged, but i couldn't. I wanted to say that I loved him! But there's no way! I was too afraid.

I'm not sure what I'm afraid of if I contact him. I definitely think that having a deep spiritual/emotional bond with someone other than my husband would not go over well with my husband. I don't know if he would consider it a betrayal, but he would for sure be hurt. Nakis hit it right on the head: it could be beautiful but it could upset my life. Right now my life is pretty peaceful, and that is beautiful too. But there is this nagging feeling that I'm missing out on something. But then again, the grass is always greener and all that.

I think what I'm going to do is not contact him, but wait and see. If this connection is real we will probably run into each other eventually. And then I will go from there. It may be, like you said, just fond memories and cordial conversation. Or maybe our friendship will be renewed and it will be just that and I will be okay with that and everything will be great with absolutely no drama.

Ghostwatch, I do get the feeling we knew each other in a past life. Very interesting that you mentioned I was crying in the dream. I was, but my original post didn't mention it.

I would love to continue this conversation if I have any more dreams, and if/when I see him.

Thanks again!

ghostwatch

0 +0

Sep 6 '07

I'm very interested in continuing this conversation also. You have been given this gift of meeting him, for which you are very lucky indeed. Not many of us get this great oppourtunity of reuniting with a kindred soul of the past. God bless..

nakis

0 +0

Sep 6 '07

I agree with Ghostwatch, if you meet in your dreams/other world/astral projecting, it's not cheating.

I was just thinking it would be an incredible co-incedence that we knew the same yoga instructor who leads dance gatherings. How often do you meet someone like that? My friend's name is Shaker.

You certainly had a very remarkable experience with your 'friend'. Sounds like he could be a soulmate. Not necessarily the one you need to be with in this life. But a significant thing occured to you that day. We all not do certain things out of fear or inhibitions. I think it's all part of our life plan. Sigh (thinking of times I've done the same or similar). =)

I'm hoping you get to share your life with him in a way that is good for all of you. It sounds like he is a significant person to you. But then maybe the best thing for the both of you at this time is to stay apart. Maybe you just need at this time to recognize the possibilities of relationships.
That's something I believe I am learning. Even when it seems like we make mistakes, pass up opportunities, we're still on our path. One of the possible paths of learning. Not a wrong one (unless we do bad things) just different from other possibilities.

=) =)

Carrie

0 +0

Sep 6 '07

I had a bit of a jolt reading this post. I really can't add much other than what Nakis and Ghostwatch have already said. I can tell you that I've been in a similar situation. My decision has also been not to contact the person. I value my relationship with my husband and would never do anything to hurt him, and I know contacting the individual in my situation would hurt him, as well as the other fellow's wife and family. It isn't an easy decision for anyone to make and I know there will always be some "what ifs" that run through my head, and I imagine yours also.

I also have a feeling I'll run into the fellow from my past eventually, even my husband has said that he feels we will encounter one another again at some point. Hopefully, as you said, it will be cordial with no drama. In my situation, there had been a lot of drama involved in the relationship.

As Nakis said, it has made me recognize the possibilities of relationships; where I went wrong with some things, some missed opportunities, and even the good things, like meeting my husband and having my daughter, that might not have happened had I followed a different path. Life is a learning experience. I wouldn't trade my life for anything, but situations like this make one ponder how different, for better or worse, our lives might have been.

lara68

0 +0

Sep 7 '07

Yes, I feel that I have several soul mates and he is one of them. I think I am okay with not being with him in this life. i have had a lot of drama in relationships in the past and I am so done with all that. Especially now that I have a child. So this dream shook me up a bit, but I feel better now that I've had someone to "talk" to. Not contacting him doesn't feel so much like chickening out. Just a choice. Perhaps I'm not "missing out" at all, because we've already been together in a previous life

nakis

0 +0

Sep 7 '07

And will be again. =)