Forums · Spontaneous Human Combustion

eric!spiritkeep

0 +0

Dec 17 '08

Most critics of Spontaneous Human Combustion talk about how sometimes the victim was a cigarette smoker, but that's not always the case. I've heard of some really interesting stories about how people have lived through it, but I don't know any names or news stories. If anyone else has any info, please share.
Rating: 0

Aspirin

0 +0

Dec 20 '08

There's a poorly written article about a book on the subject on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Entrancing_Flame

[QUOTE]Heymer suggests that a psychosomatic process in such emotionally-distressed people can trigger off a chain reaction by freeing hydrogen and oxygen within the body and setting off a chain reaction of mitochondrial explosions.[/QUOTE]

The idea that bursting into flames is psychosomatic is hilarious. Also

[QUOTE]George I. Mott (November 20, 1966 – March 1986) was a firefighter who burned to death in his home outside Crown Point, New York, in 1986. He is often cited as an example of spontaneous human combustion[/QUOTE]

The fire came back to claim him!!

lucifer!slacknet

0 +0

Dec 20 '08

As someone experienced about things being on fire, I would have to say that this guy has a hot situation on his hands. He's burning to fix this problem. Perhaps the heat was on him. etc

ectoron

0 +0

Dec 22 '08

Hi Eric , here's a website you can go to it's the history of Spontaneous Human Combustion http://www.crystalinks.com/shc.html it has names dates pics.

eric!spiritkeep

0 +0

Dec 23 '08

[QUOTE USER="ectoron" TIME="1230000285"]Hi Eric , here's a website you can go to it's the history of Spontaneous Human Combustion http://www.crystalinks.com/shc.html it has names dates pics.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot ectoron, book marked it ;]

Flounder

0 +0

Dec 30 '08

I've heard speculation that it may be somehow related to ball lightning, but otherwise there isn't much explanation for it.

I doubt being a cigarette smoker would be related at all tbh, unless in some cases SHC is caused by a natural gas leak in the victim's house... in which case it's not SHC, but a natural gas leak. >_>

polite

0 +0

Dec 30 '08

[QUOTE USER="flounder" TIME="1230685236"]I've heard speculation that it may be somehow related to ball lightning, but otherwise there isn't much explanation for it.

I doubt being a cigarette smoker would be related at all tbh, unless in some cases SHC is caused by a natural gas leak in the victim's house... in which case it's not SHC, but a natural gas leak. >_>[/QUOTE]

Ball lightening sounds like an interesting explanation, however natural gas doesn't tend to burn in a single place like with SHC, it tends to EXPLODE.

lily@slacknet.org

0 +0

Nov 12 '09

[QUOTE USER="flounder" TIME="1230685236"]I've heard speculation that it may be somehow related to ball lightning, but otherwise there isn't much explanation for it.

I doubt being a cigarette smoker would be related at all tbh, unless in some cases SHC is caused by a natural gas leak in the victim's house... in which case it's not SHC, but a natural gas leak. >_>[/QUOTE]

You could always light your cigarette with the ball lightening, maybe that's how it happens? ;-)