Forums · My experience with a Chupacabra

eric!spiritkeep

0 +0

Dec 17 '08

About 3 years ago I was visiting an old friend of mine in Alabama and my girlfriend came with me. One night my friend hate to wake up really early for work the next day, so we decided to go out for a walk around the neighborhood. His neighborhood was next to a bunch of woods, and we heard this really bizarre screeching sound over and over. It wasn't any animal I had heard before, and I have been camping and out in nature all over North America for most of my life.

After about two hours of walking around we are going back up the road towards my friend's house at around 1AM, when behind us, about 50 yards or so, these two dogs start freaking out. We look back and standing against the fence was this thing that looked like a gray kangaroo and had sort of a horse face. I was so damn scared, I didn't know what the hell it was. I took out my knife and told my girlfriend to run to the house, and i didn't take my eyes off of it for what seemed like an eternity.

After staring it in the face for a long time, i took off after my girlfriend once I figured she was safe, and we got back to the house. Once we were in the house we got our camera and went back out trying to see if we could see it to snap a picture. We didn't see it, or hear anything after that for a while.

We stayed up about for about another hour, and then I went into the kitchen to brush my teeth (long story) and i heard the screeching sound again, but it was very faint, and I opened the door, and it was really, really loud. I didn't want to take any changes so I closed the door, locked it, and turned off the kitchen lights.

The next day we went out to see what we could find relating to the sighting, we didn't seem to notice anything at first, but in the ditch about 20 feet from where the "thing" was standing, there was a rabbit with just skin and bones, no organs or muscle, it was really odd. When we came back later to take some pictures of it, it was gone. Terrible luck I have when wanting to get evidence for anything.
Rating: 1

lily@slacknet.org

0 +0

Nov 12 '09

That's pretty messed up I have to be honest, but some people think the Cupacabra could be some sort of wild dog, but I don't think that fits your kangaroo-like description.
Rating: 0

anthony

0 +0

Nov 30 '09

Messed up indeed, I'm not really sure what to think. Maybe a rabid kangaroo? That's not a serious theory.
Rating: 0