Forums · My Great Grandfather's Ghost

alexgould77

0 +0

Mar 4 '12

I'm currently 16 years old. When I was three, I had my first (or at least first that I remember, and certainly not last) encounter with the supernatural. Seeing as I was three, there are details of that day that I don't quite remember all that well. But from what I do remember, and what the people who witnessed it have told me, I've been able to piece together what happened. It was Christmas eve of 1998. I was at my great grandmother's house with the rest of my mothers side of the family. My great grandpa had passed away five years ago, I never got to meet him, officially. But every year we still got him a gift, and left his armchair open on christmas to remember him. It had been fun, we had all opened some presents. I have a good enough memory, you can trust that. I got a black furby, a few beanie babies, some clothes, and board games. Anyway, It was the first time I had christmas with that side of the family, and I didnt understand the ritual with the gift for my dead great grandfather. I asked what the last present was for, and my mom said "that ones for jasper, honey". I remember clearly that it got very quiet. I nodded my head, walked over and picked it up. I carried the small box over to the elderly man sitting in the armchair in the corner of the room. I can still picture my dead great grandfather perfectly in my head. I placed the present in his lap and rested my arms and head on his knee. He laughed and smiled, and then he said "why thank ya alice, i cant wait ta see it is". Then he smiled again and brushed my hair out of my face, and I heard everyone around me gasp. Because they had watched me do all of this, and they had seen my hair move without me touching it. He turned my chin up to look at him and said "i to go now alice, be a dear an let the wife and em know miss em". And he stood up and slowly walked away. Im typing this now with tears in my eyes, because this was the first and last time I ever got to see my great grandfather. I know this is a personal story, but it is still an experience. And I wouldnt exactly call him a ghost. Cause he wasnt that. He was a spirit. A spirit who loved his family too much to stay away from them on christmas eve. The point of this is to show that not all spirits are bad. And that sometimes you have nothing to fear from them. So keep an open mind when dealing with the unknown, dont let your minds be corrupted by these movies and stories and tales. Look to the light, before you allow the darkness to take hold.
Rating: 0

Oksana

0 +0

Mar 5 '12

Thanks a lot for sharing, I really enjoyed it! But you're right, it's important to stay open minded, pop culture can skew our perceptions of the paranormal a lot.

covenantgauri

0 +0

Mar 14 '12

:) You are right!